Thursday, November 5, 2009

...and they all fall down...

Well, I just watched my life fall apart in about 2.5 seconds. Awesome. I love this. Seriously. Every single plan I had for the next two weeks just fell apart. I've been waiting for this Metallica concert for months, and now I can't go. I promised my mom I would go to Philadelphia with her to see AFI, and now I can't go. I promised my BEST FRIEND that I would come and see her for her birthday, and now I can't. I can't do any of this because, unbeknownst to me, I HAVE NO FUCKING VACATION TIME. This is what happens when companies get cheap and don't give us paystubs anymore. If I got a paystub in the mail, I'd have known that I had no vacation time, and I wouldn't have fucking made plans. But no, of course not! I get fucking blindsided literally a week before all of this is supposed to happen, and now I have a bunch of people really, really upset with me! What the fuck am I supposed to do?! Nothing, that's what. I just have to suck it up and deal. And let everyone be pissed off at me for ruining their plans. Fuck. My. Life. I'm just going to go to sleep and pray that I don't wake up...

1 comment:

  1. I'm feeling two things right about now. I'm upset for you because I knew how much you'd been looking forward to the bands and seeing Mel. And the other feeling is irritation/anger at the hospital and its lack of responsibility to keep its staff informed of their vacation time.

    I know it's not just this that's upsetting you and I really wish there was more I could do for you...really.

    Gah! I just...want something to go right...just one thing...like when you went to see Sonata and you met Tony...when things like that happen for you, it makes me so happy because I know how much it means to you...but when this kind of crap happens, when the rug gets pulled from beneath your feet, it just...makes me so annoyed and so upset for you.

    I really hope you can salvage your concerts at the very, very, VERY least

    ReplyDelete