Saturday, February 6, 2010

Found this poking around the internet...

...made me burst into tears.

Am I Not A Mother?
by Gail Fasolo

Am I not a mother
On this Mother's Day?
I had a baby, but she's gone.
Death took her away.

Hopes and dreams have vanished
a happy time turned cold.
My motherhood-where is it now?
Gone? Or put on hold?

Am I not a mother
even though my child died?
Does anyone know my heartbreak
or the anguish felt inside?

Special gifts and flowersbut
who'll remember me?
As I stand and shed some tears
at your graveside where I'll be.

Mother's Day-so painful
but I will make it through.
Yes, I am a mother!
but God takes care of you.

In loving memory of my angels...TRC and ALC. Mommy misses you both so, so much. <3

1 comment:

  1. *hugs tightly*...this made me want to cry...it just struck something inside me...I'm so sorry, hon...

    <3

    ReplyDelete