Monday, January 7, 2013

Can I get a do over, please?

So...2013.

2013.

Now, you see, 13 is normally not an unlucky number for me. However, the way this year started out I'm not so sure that theory is going to hold up anymore.

Spent New Years Eve listening to my mother cry because our family dog, Sadie, couldn't move at all. Spent the next week listening to Sadie howl in pain, mom sob her heart out, and then on Friday, January 4th, we had Sadie put to sleep. RIP, my pupperface. I love you so much and I miss you more than I can even say. I know you're not suffering anymore, and you can run and play with Earl and Esther and Zeb to your heart's content. I know you'll be waiting for mom at Rainbow Bridge and you two can be reunited.

Mom is a mess. She can't stop crying, blames herself, wishes she was dead. My ex girlfriend, Krista, is down visiting for a week to comiserate with mom since she just lost her girlfriend to a stroke in June. It's...awkward at best having Krista and Mel in the house together, especially since Mel is off all week after today and I work all week. I dunno...I mean, it's nice to see her again and all, but it's weird. They seem to be getting along ok, which is a plus, but still...

...and of course, mom is treating me like Cinderella. She sits and talks to Krista about her feelings, etc, but she does nothing but go silent or bark at me to do this that and the other thing. I feel like she's almost partially blaming me for Sadie's passing, and I can't for the life of me figure out why. It hurts, because I loved that dog just as much as she did, even if she doesn't care to admit it.

Work is busy. I took tomorrow off to destress because I need to. Badly. Let's hope it works.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment